Hello summer! well , don’t we all love this season ? The warm sun-rays are nothing but a blessing after the freezing winters. Although a boon, let’s not forget its rogue accomplices like the heat, sweat, harmful UV rays and the keratolytic effect the sun has on the skin.
This is the reason many with sensitive skin suffer with clogged pores, breakouts and increased spots during this season.
Have you ever wondered , why the skin turns darker when exposed to direct sunlight? Well, it’s because the skin senses the UV rays from the sun and produces melanin in order to protect itself from the harmful effects of the rays. This in turn makes the skin grow darker.
But hey, it’s not all gloom and doom, with the right skincare, these problems can be managed effortlessly and you can bask in the bliss of summer.
To get that spotless skin and a natural glow this season-
Here is what you need to do –
- Drink your way to a glowing skin – During summer, the heat causes a lot of fluid loss in the body and the dehydration causes irritated, dry – flaky skin. The best way to combat dry skin this summer is to stay cool and hydrated.
If you’re not a fan of drinking glass after glass of plain water, try spiking your water my friend ! squeeze a lemon, add a few frozen juice cubes, infuse some basil and mint. These water add-ins will not just keep you hydrated but will also help detoxify your system with a burst of flavours.
- Go gentle with the cleansing – the onset of summer triggers breakouts and makes your skin feel oilier and sticky but that doesn’t mean you need to resort to harsh cleansers, infact it is very important to keep your skin’s moisture intact and it is better to switch to a gel based cleanser that gently cleanses the skin of impurities and doesn’t affect the skin’s barrier system.
- Do Not forget to use a moisturizer – many of us mistake the increased oiliness of the skin as a well hydrated skin and avoid application of moisturizers. Allow me to elaborate , an oily skin in the summer is a sign of dehydrated skin. How, you say! Well, when the skin is dehydrated, the body releases sebum (an oily substance) to protect itself from drying out.
Hence, moisturizing your skin is a vital step in your skincare routine. Do not skip it.
- Keep that sun-block handy – using a sunscreen is crucial in summers. It protects your skin from the detrimental effects of the harmful rays of the sun like cancer, sun-burn, premature aging, wrinkles. Sunscreen may not lighten your skin tone but will deactivate the UV radiation , saving you from heat exhaustion.
So, keep that sunscreen handy and make sure you apply it before you head out in the sun.
- Revitalize your skin – use a toner to freshen your skin. A splash of organic rose water will do the job .
Follow these steps and unveil the hotness in you.
BRING IT ON SUMMER !